3 On 3 Half-Court Continuous Basketball is 12 minutes of chaos. There is no time to celebrate made baskets, dispute bad calls or argue with teammates. Level headed play and Next Play Mentality is required. All players need to make correct basketball decisions, great 1 on 1 defenders, team help defenders and great closeout-blockout-rebounders. Effort plays count more in 3 on 3. Players need to be quick, not fast. Players don't have to be great shooters or deep shooters but must execute great shot selections. With a 15 second shot clock players need to make quick basketball decisions and create scoring chances for each other. Players will change defensive man to man assignments quickly. Applying defensive pressure to the ball on restarts is vital when the ball is getting cleared.
Having a diverse line up of a shooter, create off the dribble drive and a low post player are key. Spacing and timing is important to allow teammates lanes to dribble drive to the rim and create advantages.
3 On 3 Team Actions:
- Wing Dibble Drag and Low Post Pass is a great way to clear out a side and enter ball to low post from the wing
- Elbow High Post and run Laker Cuts for give and goes and back-doors is another set play to get activity and all three players involved
- Motion Offense: Running pass and screen away's is a great to get players open and getting defenders out of position.
- Ball Screens: 3 On 3 is more of a 2 man game then anything else. Setting a Ball Screen & Rolls and Pops creates a continuous 2 man offense.
- Dribble-Ats Back Doors, Dribble-At Ball Screens and Dribble-At Hand Offs are great ways to make defenses over commit and create advantages.